Sunday, May 16, 2010

May UPDATE

Okay, so in the midst of all the chaos that is final projects and term garments at FIT, I have somehow found a little time to update you all on my adventures. So, I am currently working for the backpack company I used to work for doing graphic design. Too much CAD work really ends up eating your brain, but its a good job. Besides that, I am finishing up school this week, handing in term garments, jackets, dresses, and leather tote bags, so much so much. I secured an internship as well with a footwear licensing company called Schwartz & Benjamin, that designs for Kate Spade and other brands. I am excited to start, get my foot in the door from the feet up? I guess so. I am just trying to make as many connections with any and every part of the industry. Maybe I can throw in a little of my sneaker customization experience in the mix? So I am excited to be done with school work and focus on myself and my own projects. I am going to try to get my sample line in a few stores, and I sent my lookbook to Grace Coddington, Creative Director of Vogue, who I met on the subway and told me to send her a lookbook. But I am going to really premiere this line in September, for the Spring 2011 fashion week. The silhouettes are more appropriate for spring, and I believe the fabric treatments can be expanded on for a really cool interesting show. I want to show at an interesting place like the Museum of Art and Design, but we will have to see how I am doing financially. Things will fall into place. Let the summer begin! I am planning to make this the best summer ever!

No comments: